Sunday 3 February 2013

My Interview with the beautiful LOLA RAE

"Introducing Lola Rae"


I had the opportunity and pleasure to interview the beautiful and talented  Rachel Funmilola Garton aka Lola Rae.

Stay tuned she talks about her music,relationship,future plans and she also reveals something we all don't know about her!!!








1.     Where are you from 

"I am Nigerian, Ghanaian and British."

2.    Do you have any siblings?


"I have two lovely sisters and a dog (Yes my doggy is considered as a sibling lol)"

3.    I heard you moved to the UK at the age of 16, is it true? 

"That is true, I was actually born in Lagos. I lived in Nigeria for about 15 years then moved to Ghana for one year before moving to the UK. The move was for educational reasons."


4.      In 2010 you and your group entered the Britain's Got Talent Competition . 
I'm sure a lot of people don't know. Can you tell me about the group and what the whole experience was like for you 

"Wow, Prepare yourself for a story ! I'm only kidding well when I moved here I joined a dance group called Myztikal after a few years we then decided to spontaneously go on the British TV Show 'Britain's Got Talent' but this time we thought let's jazz it up by adding vocals while dancing (No one had heard me sing prior to this may I add). We got into the semi finals and got signed to Syco for a year. I would have to say it was an amazing experience, and to this day I am still grateful to my group, my choreographer especially and Simon Cowell."



5.   ‘Watch my ting go ‘ has close to 100,000 viewers on YouTube, how does that make you feel?

"Oh My Gosh girl! It is such an overwhelming feeling; I am so thankful to God and everyone, who has gone to watch it. Sometimes I refresh the page to make sure I'm not seeing things to be honest, lol."

6.    For people that don’t understand the whole concept of 17, 18,19 , can you explain it to them?

"Haha! I always get asked this. You know when you see a woman and her bottom is moving  in a particular motion while walking, it actually moves n sync with the phrase '17, 18, 19 Gbagada'. It hard to describe but trust me the next time you see a lady walking you'll notice it ! I actually picked it up from School in Nigeria."

7.    How and where did you meet IYANYA (the waist master himself)?

"Lol! The Kukere Master, we met through our managers actually, they are very good friends, and he happened to be in the country while we were filming the video and I thought if i'm talking about 'finna to wind my waist' Iyanya and Emma Nyra have to be there."


8.    What made you decide to go into the Nigerian music industry?

"Well I am African and that part of me comes so Effortlessly. Other genres such as Jazz which I did prior were okay but no where near as fun and innovative to me as Afro pop."

9.    What is the funniest/weirdest thing that has ever happened to you with a fan?

"Fan? LOL I actually don't think I have fan's yet ! I do believe there are listeners who enjoyed my first two singles. Perhaps ask me this question after a few more songs hopefully by God's grace I would be able to answer."

10. We all saw you in ICE PRINCE’S VIDEO MORE, How did that happen?

"That is actually an interesting story; I went for his concert in London and got introduced to him through a mutual friend. A couple of days later I got a call asking if I'd like to be in his video. I must admit I was scared because I didn't want people to think I was a video girl but after hearing the song and falling in love with it I was like yeah lets do this !"



11. If you had a chance to date one of the male Nigerian artist who would it be?

"Haha, I only have eye's for my music oh!"

12. Who is you favorite International Artist?

"I actually have so, so many But Queen B aka Beyonce is such an idol."




13. This question here is for all your male fans .. lol.. are you single?

" I really do keep my private life private, but all I can say is my main focus is my music."SORRY GUYS I TRIED !!!! MAYBE NEXT TIME LOL 



14. Who do you consider to be your biggest competition out of all the female artists in Nigeria?

"I really don't believe in competition simply because as an artist you learn from other fellow artist . Also if you have that type of mindset sometimes it could cloud your initial vision and you may end up at the wrong destination."

15. A lot people are complaining that the whole 'WATCH MY TING GO' song is auto tuned, how does that make you feel?

"LOL, This makes me laugh every time for two reasons. I now see auto tune as an added instrument (definitely not for every song I would cringe) with 'Watch My Ting Go' when we recorded it I thought there was to much auto tune and I freaked out but my producer made me listen to artists like T-Pain and Rihanna and made me see that its just an additional sound. Secondly when recording there is a scale of auto tune you can use and we only use the lowest notch but because I am so high pitched and have a lot of Vibrato when I sing its more prominent. "

16. You have 2 singles out right now so when can we expect your album?

"The word 'Album' freaks me out, so we are coming out with an E.P by Gods grace this summer !"

17. Are you featuring any artist? if yes who

"There definitely collaborations but you'll have to wait and see, sorry ! "

18. So what can we expect from ‘LOLA RAE’

"Good, Good Music !"

19. Tell us 'ONE' thing we do not know about you?

"My Dog and I converse and she actually replies ! Only people close to me will have witnessed this !"

Watch the Video below !!!




4 comments:

  1. Nice job dear keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola Rae i Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interview with Iyanya please

    ReplyDelete

Be the first to see the latest posts!!!